Sunday, August 10, 2014

Tapping for Kids

I've gotten lots of questions lately about how to use EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or Tapping for children. Kids really like it. At first, I felt a little clumsy teaching the method. As I gained confidence and saw the good impacts on me, students started to latch onto it.

A truly wonderful website to help teach the method is:  www.tappingplay.com. There is a lovely song that repeats an affirmation with the tapping points. Students like to sing the song and tap along. One student even did this routine at the talent show. We've sung the song as an entire school and tapped at our morning assembly. This was a powerful healing opportunity.

When a student is stuck in a painful memory, this is a good time to tap. I start by getting more information about how the student feels. Then, the student gauges on a scale of 1 to 10 (or points to a space between my hands) of how much he/she feels this way. I tap and ask to repeat my words along with tapping. Afterwards, we go back to the scale. If we're not down to a 1 or less, we tap again. It is excellent for fear, anger, sadness, and feeling overwhelmed.

Interested in me showing my approach with a video? Have a particular issue in mind? Leave me a positive comment, and I'll try to use my new technology skills (or get one of my daughters to do it for me?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment